Tim,

I have finally had enough time to have a look at the code, and this change is
easy to implement. I completely agree that it is a useful feature, since it
allows for shorter notation of times. Therefore I'll try to release a separate
version soon that has this feature built in.

In addition, the Calendar rule documentation also needs some additions - if
vixie cron sees non-asterisk definitions for date and weekday, it will (at
least according to its manual) logically OR them together, while this is not
the case for SEC (conditions are always joined by AND).

IMHO, SEC's AND-behavior is highly useful -- e.g., the expression "0 1 25-31 10
7" allows for executing a specific command at the moment when the daylight
savings time is replaced with the normal time (last Sunday in October, 01:00
UTC).

with kind regards,
risto

hi Tim,
I will look into this and check whether it is something that can be
implemented without larger issues.
best regards,
risto