Are you requesting this feature because you would like to change the list of
configuration files without restarting SEC? If so, then you could also take
advantage of SEC resource file which can be provided with an environment
variable.
As for changing syslog tag field dynamically for every message --
unfortunately, the openlog(3) C-library function sets the program name for all
subsequent logging, so this means that connection to syslog would have to be
reopened and closed for each call to syslog(3) function. I think there is no
clean way to replace the program name string temporarily with something else,
so I will have to investigate what would be the possible performance penalty of
opening and closing connection to syslogd for each logging attempt.
kind regards,
risto