dear all,

I have a very lame question to ask.

how to send data to SEC from command line. The SEC is running as daemon.
I am using a FIFO (Pipe) from SEC to write some data instantly as log data through pipe and its working fine but I like to use the same pipe to give an input back to SEC. Following rule works fine when I supply the input from SEC console but I like to supply 'ReportNow' input from another window.

FIFO: /usr/local/etc/SEC_Log_Pipe

Rule:
type=Single
ptype=substr
pattern=*ReportNow*
desc=$0
action=eval %o ( open(HND, "> /tmp/contexts.dump"); \
while($context = each(%main::context_list)) { \
print HND "Context name: $context\n"; \
} \
close(HND);); \
report %o /bin/cat

I tried these but none works;

1. cat > /usr/local/etc/SEC_Log_Pipe
ReportNow ctrl+d

2. echo "ReportNow" > /usr/local/etc/SEC_Log_Pipe

do I have to define a special rule to handle Pipe inputs?

Thanks and Regards
--

Kind Reagrds/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

M Haris Farooque