I tested the rule briefly and for me it fired only once. On the other
hand, I acknowledge I hadn't time to consider every possible side-effect
of the expression. However, you might want to consider the following
expression: (?s).*WY_LOG_TYPE_ERROR\s*<<\*\*(.*)\*\*>>$
Due to greedy matching of quantifiers, .*WY_LOG_TYPE_ERROR always hits
the beginning of last error message block. If you have many error
messages in the input buffer simultaneously, the above expression might
be somewhat more efficient.
br,
risto