2011/5/23 Matthieu Pérotin <matthieu.pero...@bull.net>:
> Le vendredi 20 mai 2011 à 18:11 +0300, Risto Vaarandi a écrit :
>> On 05/20/2011 02:56 PM, Matthieu Pérotin wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > we recently experienced an annoying problem with processes that, in some
>> > circonstances, would get stuck and never return. The fault here is
>> > clearly on the processes side, but one can never be sure that a process
>> > will return nicely... The consequence on SEC's side is that child
>> > processes remain attached to the SEC process, cluttering its %children
>> > hash table and adding to the complexity of the check_children sub.
>> >
>> > A solution to the problem would be to have the possibility to give a
>> > timeout option to the shellcmd action: on expiration a sigterm (or
>> > sigkill, I'm still not sure) would be issued to the process that was
>> > launched.

Another way of implementing this would be to use native perl and
perl's builtin alarm[1] function. Admittedly, it would be much nicer
to have this rolled in to a new action such as:
action=shellcmdto 30 /bin/yourprog

But thats up to Risto to decide.

http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/alarm.html

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com