On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Risto Vaarandi <risto.vaara...@seb.ee>wrote:

> On 12/21/2011 01:43 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have gone through
>> http://simple-evcorr.**sourceforge.net/<http://simple-evcorr.sourceforge.net/>and
>>  it is
>> quite interesting and there is also a learning process. At present I am
>> using rsyslog daemon as a centralized server and several rsyslog clients
>> connecting to it. Not sure i understand how sec is used in conjunction
>> with rsyslog daemon.
>>
>> Please help me understand.
>>

> It is easy -- you have to set up SEC to monitor log files that rsyslog
> creates. In order to match rsyslog events relevant in your environment, you
> have to write down patterns and rules according to your site's needs.
> regards,
> risto
>
> Hi Risto

Thanks for the reply, Any how to or write up docs/tutorials to set "SEC
monitoring" on Ubuntu Linux Server 10.04 LTS. So my current setup is i have
a centralized rsyslog server and around 100 rsyslog clients which pushes
logs.
Not sure where would the SEC Monitoring fit in my setup. Do i need to set
SEC client and Server setup together.

Help me understand.

Regards

Kaushal