On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, mindman101 wrote:

Hello Sec users,

I've written two PairWithWindow rules that just differs on the order they match
events.

The first rule waits for a first event like this:

     Link down on interface FastEthernet and ip 10.10.10.10

and waits for a second event unitl 10 seconds. For example:

     Ospf on device 10.10.10.10 has changed neighbor 11.11.11.11

On the other hand, the second rule is almost the first just on a switched
order, I mean, it waits for a first event like this:

     Ospf on device 10.10.10.10 has changed neighbor 11.11.11.11

and a second one unitl 10 seconds like this one:

     Link down on interface FastEthernet and ip 10.10.10.10

Both rules works perfectly on separated config files but when I put together on
the same config file, just the first one works as expected.

Do you have any idea of this misleading behavior?

My guess is that you are being tripped up by the fact that by default the first rule that matches ends processing of that log message.

try adding

continue=takenext

to the first rule and see if that works.

David Lang

Live Security Virtual Conference