Colin Tate-Majcher wrote:
When you talk about "uploading" are you referring to creating a copy of your consciousness? If that's the case then what do you do after uploading, continue on with a mediocre existence while your cyber-duplicate shoots past you? Sure, it would have all of those wonderful abilities you mention, but you would not.
Built in internet? Extremely likely without upload. Vastly improved memory? Likely. Near seamless access to net based computational grids? Likely. Thousand of simultaneous conscious threads? Less likely without uploading for most of the threads. So I don't agree that the non-upload is a totally hopeless moron who will have no fun.
I'd much rather find a way to transfer my consciousness completely to synthetic substrate. I hope I'm just misunderstanding things because that sounds horrible.
Why?  Your cyber twin evolves beyond you.   Why is this tragic?

- samantha