This is the wrong place to ask this question, but I can't think of anywhere
better:

There are people who used to be active in blogging, writing to the email
lists, donating money, public speaking, or holding organizational positions
in Singularitarian and related fields -- and are no longer anywhere near as
active. I'd very much like to know why.

Possible answers might include:

1. I still believe in the truthfulness and moral value of the
Singularitarian position, but...
a. ... eventually we all grow up and need to focus on career rather than
activism.
b. ... I just plain ran out of energy and interest.
c. ... public outreach is of no value or even dangerous; what counts is the
research work of a few small teams.
d. ... why write on this when I'll just be repeating what's been said so
often.
e. ... my donations are meaningless compared to what a dot-com millionaire
can give.
2. I came to realize the deep logical (or: moral) flaws in the
Singularitarian position. [Please tell us they are.]
3. I came to understand that Singularitarianism has some logical and moral
validity, but no more than many other important causes to which I give my
time and money.

And of course I am also interested to learn other answers.

Again, I would like to hear from those who used to be more involved, not
just those who have  disagreed with Singularitarianism all along.

Unfortunately, most such people are not reading this, but perhaps some have
maintained at least this connection; or list members may be able to report
indirectly (but please, only well-confirmed reports rather than
supposition).

Joshua