http://petersmagnusson.com/2007/09/04/for-the-first-time-in-10000-years-farm
ing-is-not-the-dominating-industry/

"And thus passes a tremendous milestone in the history of our species.
Farming, invented around 8000 BC, quickly dominated human activity and has
continued to for some 10,000 years. And we even find that the
agriculture->industry->services transition doesn't hold up globally. The
industry segment simply isn't big enough, so increasingly workers go
directly from farming to services."

As mentioned in the comments, this may be incorrect as Africa may not be
included in the ILO report. I only have a passing interest in this, though,
so I'm not going to go through the effort of reading the KILM doc. Still,
this might be of interest to those of you tracking possible singularity
trending information bits.