>From this week's announcement about artificial life:

Craig Venter, the controversial DNA researcher involved in the race to
decipher the human genetic code, has built a synthetic chromosome out of
laboratory chemicals and is poised to announce the creation of the first new
artificial life form on Earth.

The DNA sequence is based on the bacterium Mycoplasma genitalium ....