On Jan 27, 2008 5:26 PM, Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2008 9:29 PM, John K Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "Ben Goertzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > > we can think about a multi-multiverse, i.e. a collection of multiverses,
> > > with a certain probability distribution over them.
> >
> > A probability distribution of what?
> >

> Exactly. It needs stressing that probability is a tool for
> decision-making and it has no semantics when no decision enters the
> picture.

Probability theory is a branch of mathematics and the concept of "decision"
does not enter into it.

Connecting probability to human life or scientific experiments
does involve an interpretation, but not all interpretations involve the
notion of decision.

De Finetti's interpretation involves decisions, for example (as it has to do
with gambling); but, Cox's interpretation does not...

-- Ben