Paul,

I don't think Being strict with what you send and liberal with what you
receive applies in this case.   If only the version number differs, then
treat it as stray would do the trick (since you should assume that
getting a different version in the SDP should have the same effect if
you process it or not).  I am assuming that the UA is already sending
RTP packets before the receipt of the 200 OK.  Now, given that the 200
OK arrives with a different version... would you suggest that it affect
the already established media stream in line with being liberal of what
we receive since it clearly violates the specs?  The only benefit in
doing so is if not only the version was different but also the session
description itself is different.  In which case I would strongly favor
sticking to the 183 SDP.