From: Richard Wu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:24 PM
To: Sreeram Kanumuri (WT01 - TES-Mobility & Carrier Infrastructure)
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] To Tag in CANCEL

Hi,

   I think we cannot cancel re-invite according to 3261. It can only
CANCEL initial INVITE.

Richard

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Joegen,
>

>>> I have also seen UAS silently discarding CANCELs without to-tag if
>>> it
>>>
> comes in early
>
>>> dialog state.
>>>
> This is wrong because the spec says that CANCEL MUST have all the
> parameters identical to those being cancelling including tags.
>
> The only case I can see where there is a To-tag in CANCEL is :
> In a re-Invite request having the to-tag,the CANCEL MUST also have a
> to-tag.
>
> HTH,
> Sreeram.
>

> ----
> Sreeram Kanumuri
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The
>    Request-URI, Call-ID, To, the numeric part of CSeq, and From header
>    fields in the CANCEL request MUST be identical to those in the
>    request being cancelled, including tags.
>
> If my understanding is correct, even if the INVITE being cancelled has

> already been responded to by a 1xx with a to-tag, the CANCEL will have

> no to tag.  However, I have seen implementations that send a CANCEL
> with a to-tag if the call is already in early dialog state.  I have
> also seen UAS silently discarding CANCELs without to-tag if it comes
in early
> dialog state.   This makes me doubt my original understanding of the
> RFC.   Can anyone shed some light?
>
> Joegen

addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not
immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

transmitted by this email.

> www.wipro.com

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s
use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or
legally privileged information intended for a specific individual and
purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any use,
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any
attachments is strictly prohibited.

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com