Hi,

I have a question regarding header "Max-Forwards"

RFC 3261 in section '8.1.1.6' states that
"If the Max-Forwards  value reaches 0 before the request reaches its
destination, it will  be rejected with a 483(Too Many Hops) error response."
"A UAC MUST insert a Max-Forwards header field into each request it originates
with a value that SHOULD be 70."

I have few doubts in understanding the above statements,

1> If a UAC generates a SIP request with "Max-Forwards" value as 0, is that
request VALID?

2> What should be the UAS behavior in receiving such request which has
Max-Forwards value as 0, set by Originator (UAC)?

Thanks,
Sudhir