From: "Amit P. Ahuja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Considering the behavior of UAS-2, my question is: whether any SIP
   standard suggests guidelines on whether it is advisable to send out
   the request was received? RFC 3261 - 18.2.2 Sending Responses only
   talks about the destination the response needs to be sent to,
   however nothing about the source.

The standard permits the sender to use any port of its choice.  And in
a "flat" network, the choice of port makes little difference.  But as
you note in another message, when NATs are present, it is difficult to
make the SIP system work if you send responses from ports other than
the one which received the request.

(The sipX system used to use transient ports to send messages, but for
these reasons we had to rebuild it to use "symmetric signaling",
sending responses using the same port that receives requests.)

Dale