>   What if you are using something like DNS SRV to route to a group
>   of gateways?   How can one ensure all new requests go the same gateway?
>
>Why would you want to?

Maybe I wasn't clear.
I want all the overlapped dialling related to single call to all go to the
same gateway.  This is what RFC3578 requires anyway but it does
this by saying you can only use overlap dialling in the way described
if "the SIP routing
   infrastructure ensures that INVITEs will only reach one gateway."

What if you have a pool of PSTM gateways?  For example, you have 1 gateway
at first but you need more capcity.  So, to increase capacity, you
add another gateway but you now distribute the calls evenly between
the 2 using DNS SRV with an equal weighting.  So using DNSSRV
between 2 gateways, you would route half the INVITEs to one gateway and
half to the other BUT  this is NO GOOD when doing overlap dialling - you need
 all the collected digits to go to the same gateway.  It would be possible if
overlap
dialling established a dialog of some sort but it doesn't, it's just a load of
INVITEs and 484s.

ensuring all messages go to same PSTN gateway (RFC3578)

   From: "Attila Sipos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   What if you are using something like DNS SRV to route to a group
   of gateways?   How can one ensure all new requests go the same gateway?

Why would you want to?

Dale