Pls see in line

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sourav
Dhar Chaudhuri
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 6:04 PM
To: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: [Sip-implementors] For sending PRACK for a RPR is it mandatory to
have Supported:100rel in INVITE while it already contains Require:100rel in
INVITE

Hi,
       I have a doubt is it mandatory to haveSupported:100rel in INVITE
request while it already contains Require:100rel inINVITE.
CH: Its not mandatory (refer RFC3262)

2.     One more question is it possible that a Caller cannot sendPRACK for a
Reliable Provisional Response(RPR) as it contains Require:100relbut no
Supported:100rel in its INVITE request.
CH: Caller must send PRACK on receiving the reliable response with Require:
100rel (Supported is not required)
      I am asking the second question because if that thesame capability is
present in Callee so whether after receiving any INVITEwith Require:100rel ,
whether callee will be not be able to send RPR.

CH: 1) UAC can add both Supported & Require but most of the UACs will add
only supported for the compatibility because if the UAS doesn't support call
will fail naa.
2) If the UAC including Supported: 100rel then it's up to the UAS to send
180reliable or 180 unreliable but if the UAC sending with Require then the
UAS must send 180reliable if it's supporting else the UAS will send 420 Bad
Extension response.

Thanks
SOURAV DHAR CHAUDHURI

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/