From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Sip-implementors] a=sendrecv in SDP answer
To: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Date: Friday, 4 July, 2008, 7:04 AM

RFC3261 - 6.1, pargraph 4:
"If an offered media stream is
   listed as sendrecv (or if there is no direction attribute at the
   media or session level, in which case the stream is sendrecv by
   default), the corresponding stream in the answer MAY be marked as
   sendonly, recvonly, sendrecv, or inactive."

My question is that: If the SDP offer contains the a=sendrecv, can the
SDP answer omit the a= line to represent the default value, i.e:

Offer (a=sendrecv) ---->
<--- Answer(no a=sendrecv line )

Thanks,
Alex

      Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! group
at http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/