I do not think Paragraph 3 conflicts paragraph 2. Both are saying same
thing about route set, in that, it needs to be recomputed when 2xx is
received, because, as you also point out, rfc 2543 did not mandate
echoing RR headers in 1xx responses.

Paragraph 3 is about updating other dialog states and that they should
not be updated after receiving 2xx, only route set. The example is given
of Cseq number.

So to answer your question, after receiving 2xx to Invite, the route set
should be recomputed and it replaces existing early dialog route set.

Sanjay