Hi Karthik,

As you stated below the B2BUA role is mainly for any kind of services. It
could be PBX, Annoucement, conferencing or for security.

In general SIP proxy provides the routing of sip messages. B2BUA is a kind
of functionality and if you like you can implement together in the same
physical box as SIP proxy.

Services can be implemented in terminals and some services are implemented
in the network with Application servers.
Application servers are a kind of B2BUAs

Regards
Krishna