I think I have missed something here. Why do we need to maintain codec
numbers relationship with the previous offer/answer (Between Alice and Bob)?
My understanding is that offer/answer model does not have any state
dependency with previous one except for "o" line and maintaining media
description ordering.

I will say preserving m line ordering is definitely the reason. Codec number
for dynamic payload can change within same session.