I agree that SIP allows UDP fragmentation.  However for vulnerability reasons,
UDP fragmentation support is disabled within some deployments.

Including requests within responses is discussed within the following expired
draft.  See security section for reason others than size.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-hop-limit-diagnostics-03