From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Romel Khan
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:46 PM
To: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: [Sip-implementors] Clarification Question on UPDATE RFC3311

UPDATE RFC text seems to be centered on reliable provisional response.
The only example is covered with reliable provisional response. I know
of at least 1 vendor implementation that forces the use of UPDATE only
when provisional reliable response handling is used.

However the RFC does mention: "An unreliable provisional response MAY
contain an Allow header field".

And it is clear from RFC3261 that unreliable response can create early
dialog.

Any reason not to allow the use of UPDATE if a received unreliable 183
response produces early dialog and the response contains Allow header
listing the UPDATE method?

Or is RFC3262 a prerequisite?

Thanks.