karthik karthik wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Please let me know the behavior for the below cases.
> I believe 'm=' line is not mandatory according to rfc 4566
> Still It was decided to release the session in our application.
>
> case1:
> Invite is received with SDP, and has no 'm=' line.
> In case we need to reject such an Invite,
> what is the most suitable response code?
> Could we use 415 unsupported media type.?

Note that it is legal for there to be no media.
So you could accept the call and then reinvite with the media you want
to use. But if you want to reject, I guess 415 is as good as anything. I
like the idea of changing the comment in the response. This won't be
recovered dynamically, but if somebody is trying to diagnose why the
call is failing that will help.

> case2:
> 18x/200 recieved with SDP, and has no 'm=' line.

If the invite had SDP with an m-line, then this answer is invalid, so
you are justified in killing the call.

If the invite had no sdp, then the situation is much like your first one
above. So you could accept it, or you can reject it as you show below.