I agree with all Dale has said on this.

Adding to that - it is also possible that there is *another* device that
is sending register or unregister requests for the *same* contacts as
your UA. Its not a *likely* scenario in most cases, but it is
*possible*. This can lead to all sorts of odd state transitions.

Just get over it - code your UA to cope with the responses it gets,
rather than just the ones it wishes to get.