Dale Worley wrote:
> Looking at the figure, it appears that Confirmed/Moratorium is allowed
> to receive and act on BYE.  This seems to be an error to me, but even if

I don't think it's an error. RFC3261 also allows BYE on early dialogs,
so that UAS should be prepared to receive and act on BYE even after
sending 183 Session Progress, let alone 200 OK.

I think people confuse INVITE transaction state and dialog state. While
related, still they are separate entities and this example shows, the
dialog could finish earlier than INVITE transaction.

Regards,
--
Maksym Sobolyev
Sippy Software, Inc.