Maxim Sobolev schreef:
> stephane wrote:
>> I am a bit confused now. Didn't you mean example 2.4? In 2.2 it says
>> explicitly
>> <quote> ... uses either PCMU or PCMA codecs (payload type in RTP
>> packet tells which
>> is being used).... </quote>, where in 2.4 two seperate audio streams
>> are established.
>
> No, I did not. So, what's unclear about it? You can either have an
> option to use several codecs within one RTP stream (by accepting more
> than on payload type in the SDP answer), or establish *two
> independent* RTP streams with different codecs in each of those streams.
>
> What I am talking about is exchange as follows:
>
> Alice to Bob:
>  SDP offer:
>   m=audio XXXXX RTP/AVP 18 8 0
>
> Bob to Alice:
>  SDP answer:
>   m=audio YYYYY RTP/AVP 0 18
>
> Regards,
I am probably reading too much in the word 'either', but I understood
this to mean one or the other should be present, not both.  RFC  3264
seemed to indicate to me that only the first format both list would be used:
par 7: <quote> It MUST send using a media format listed in the answer,
and it SHOULD use the first media format listed in the answer when it
does send.</quote>. But I misread it, obviously, as is stated in the
lines  following it,
I read the SHOULD as a MUST.

Thanks for clarifying this for me!

Stephane