El Domingo, 19 de Abril de 2009, Franz Edler escribió:
> Thank's Iñaki,
>
> > Hope it's useful for you.
>
> Yes. Thanks for the detailed elaboration. It is clear now and I remember on
> the mechanism responsible for that.
>
> In my case I do not have a NAT environment, but I found that the SIP server
> (OpenSIPS) has troubles setting up an outgoing TLS connection towards a
> different port. That's obviously an additional complexity.

The point is that, if you are not behind NAT and you are using TCP/TLS, the
Contact URI will show an address different than the source address from with
the REGISTER is sent.
So when the proxy sends you a request, it will not reuse the previously
established TLS connecion.
Sincerelly I don't know a lot about SIP with TLS but I expect that you could
"assume" NAT in the proxy, so the registrar will also store the real source
address and use that for routing new requests to the user by using the *same*
connection established by the registrar, and in that case it should be TLS and
should reuse the existing TLS connection (I hope).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <i...@aliax.net>