Hello,

>From RFC 3581 :

  If this Via header field value contains an "rport" parameter
  with no value, it MUST set the value of the parameter to the source
  port of the request.  This is analogous to the way in which a server
  will insert the "received" parameter into the topmost Via header
  field value.

I read the letter of the law and have implemented it as above.
However, a JAIN-SIP user brought up that his UAC does not function
unless I add an rport to the via header of the response regardless of
whether the inbound request has an rport prameter. I am wondering
whether to accept his patch.

The question I have is what is the UAS supposed to do when the inbound
request does NOT have an rport parameter? Is it legal ( or illegal )
to attach an rport parameter in the response  when the request does not have it?

Thank you for your answer.

Ranga

--
M. Ranganathan