Comments inline with [SSS]

-----Original Message-----
From: sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of ext Vikas
Jayaprakash
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:38 PM
To: friend friend
Cc: sip fourm
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] REGISTER without Contact

Hi,

Scenario 1:
===========
If a Register request is coming without credentials for the first
time(with/without Contact Header), then registrar will authenticate the UAC.
(RFC 3261 Page 63, Point3)

Scenario 2:
===========
Once a user is Registered, and within that registration expiry interval If a
Register request is coming without credentials and without Contact Header,
then registrar returns a 200 (OK) response with Contact header field values
enumerating all current bindings.  (RFC 3261 Page 65 Point No. 8)

[SSS] In this case you will be returning the bindings to a wrong person. The
right thing would be to check for the
          Authentication header and compare the stored and given digest
          This basically means to challenge the REGISTER Query which comes with
no credentials.

Please correct me if I my understanding is wrong.

Regards,
Vikas Jayaprakash

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:39 AM, friend friend <sip_qu...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>         If the REGISTER(With Credentials) message without Contact header
> coming from UA, REGISTRAR server should send 200 OK with contact list of the
> incoming user
>
> But If the REGISTER(without Credentials) message without Contact header
> coming from UA, what will be the response from Registrar server?
>
> Long back i read some info regarding this issue. just am saying. please
> correct me if i am wrong
>
> If the REGISTER(without Credentials) message without Contact header coming
> from UA, Registrar respond with 200 OK without contact.
>

> Thanks n Advance
>
> Regards,
> vijay
>

>      Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter
> http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas Jayaprakash