Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 13 de Enero de 2010, ROHIT CHAUDHARY escribió:
>> Hi experts,
>>
>> A sip-uri with user part as "anonymous" is allowed. But if the user
>>  parameter is phone, ie, the user part is to be treated as
>>  telephone-subscriber of tel-url (RFC 3966), then should it be allowed,
>>  something like this:
>>
>> <sip:anonymous;phone-context=natio...@host1.com;user=phone>
>
> As you said, "if the user parameter is phone the user part is to be treated
> as
> telephone-subscriber of tel-url (RFC 3966)".
>
> Of course, "anonymous" is not a valid TEL number so the above SIP URI (which
> comes from a TEL URI due to the presence of "user=phone") makes no sense
> (IMHO).

It makes no sense. But the decision that it makes no sense is up to a
server for the domain of the URI.

So this should not be objected to until it reaches a server for the
host1.com domain. It will then have the job of interpreting the user
part of the URI, and will presumably reject it. But if it *wants* to
accept it, I guess it may.