On 01.02.2010 03:53, 이성우 wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> What do you think the best current practices for implementing auto-answer? I
> think different vendors are using each different ways to do that. Among them,
> I found following three are most common (I may be wrong).
>
> 1. Call-Info: answer-after=0
> 2. Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer
> 3. Notify Event: talk

You are right in that different vendors are using different ways to
signal auto-answer:

Polycom - Alert-Info: Auto Answer
(note that Polycom is case sensitive for "Alert-Info" attribute)

Aastra 5xi - Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer
(These are conflicting, as Alert-Info is defined as non-multiple and
non-structured header)

Linksys - Call-Info: =\;answer-after=0

So your safest bet would be to send both:
Alert-Info: Auto Answer
Call-Info: =\;answer-after=0
Of course YMMV may vary depending on what equipment you are planning to use.

> So, where would you vote for based on RFCs? If any different idea, please let
> me know.

I'm not aware of any standards or drafts that describe the above
variants. And RFC 5373 defines yet another special header Answer-Mode.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk