2010/3/21 Iñaki Baz Castillo <i...@aliax.net>:
> Hi, after reading the RFC 5627 I don't understand why the registrar
> can create a new temp-gruu URI for each registration refresh.
> If it does so, the registrar would end with a database full of temp-gruu
> URI's.
>
> From the point of view of a registrar implementing GRUU, is it posible
> to mantain an unique temp-gruu for each registration instance (as it
> occurs for the public-gruu?
> It would make the implementation easier (by adding two columns
> "temp_gruu" and "public_gruu" in the location database table).
>
> Do I miss something? Also, the example in section 9 of RFC 5627 shows
> the same temp-gruu for two different registration from same UA
> instance (as it crashed and generates a new registration with
> different Call-ID after rebooting).

This is the exact point I cannot understand in RFC 5627:

3.2.  Obtaining a GRUU

   When a user agent refreshes this registration prior to its
   expiration, the registrar will return back the same public GRUU, but
   will create a new temporary GRUU.  Despite the fact that each refresh
   provides the UA with a new temporary GRUU, all of the temporary GRUUs
   learned from previous REGISTER responses during the lifetime of a
   contact remain valid as long as (1) a contact with that instance ID
   remains registered, and (2) the UA doesn't change the Call-ID in its
   REGISTER request compared to previous ones for the same reg-id

By following this specification, if a phone is registered for one day
by refreshing its registration hourly (same Call-ID), then the
registrar would have to store 24 temp-gruu values for same
registration. How could it make sense?

So my question is: is it legal if the registrar mantains an *unique*
temp-gruu per registration (according to AoR and sip.instance)?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>