>>You said all SDP's must be same, I found a case where 183 SDP answer
and
>>200 OK SDP answer had different IP address for RTP Tx/Rx. The SDP is
not
>>same here right?

If PRACK (and forking) isn't used then I believe these answers should be
the same.

It is possible that that 18x and 200 response are on different forks,
in which case the UAC is allowed to receive different SDP answers
on each of the forks.

from: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-13
   Note that an offer/answer exchange initiated by an INVITE request
   must follow exactly one of the patterns 1, 2, 3, 4.  When an initial
   INVITE causes multiple dialogs due to forking, an offer/answer
   exchange is carried out independently in each distinct dialog.

>> and that is how it should happen if some announcement has to be
>>played in between before connecting the actual UAS.

As I said above, forking is one way.

But if no forking is taking place, then the change in media can be
performed using UPDATE for example.  (it would seem that 18x with SDP
and PRACK with SDP would also be allowed but I remember seeing
some discussions a while ago that were unsure about this)

Regards

Attila

You said all SDP's must be same, I found a case where 183 SDP answer and
200 OK SDP answer had different IP address for RTP Tx/Rx. The SDP is not
same here right? and that is how it should happen if some announcement
has to be played in between before connecting the actual UAS.

Thanks and Regards ,
Ayyanar

ESPEE IT Park,Plot No. 5,
Jawaharlal Nehru Salai,