From: sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of ext Nauman
Sulaiman
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:31 PM
To: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: [Sip-implementors] Broadworks Reinvite issue

Hi,

Scenario is as follows UAC makes call to UAS over Broadworks B2BUA and then UAC
goes on hold. Broadworks periodically issues Session Audit with SDP version
number unchanged, this is for UAC and UAS which do not support session timers
or UPDATE method.

UAC ------->  Broadworks ------------> UAS
   INVITE ver=1            INVITE ver=1
    sendrecv                 sendrecv
UAC <-------    Broadworks   <---------- UAS
   200OK ver=1                200OK ver=1
     sendrecv                  sendrecv

UAC goes on hold

UAC------------> Broadworks  -----------> UAS
   INVITE ver=2                INVITE ver=2
    sendonly                     inactive

UAC <---------    Broadworks  <---------   UAS
   200OK ver=2                  200OK ver =2
    inactive                     inactive

Broadworks session audit  (UPDATE not supported by UAC or UAS)

UAC <------------ Broadworks
     INVITE ver=2
      inactive
UAC-------------->  Broadworks
     INVITE ver=2
       ??

With session Audit shown at the end, Broadworks sends the UAC a REINVITE with
the session version unchanged. However the last SDP that the UAC sent
broadworks had a media attribute of sendonly.

What should the UAC send back in the media attribute field here, should SDP be
unchanged if the version no. is unchanged but in this case we would send back
the original sdp with an attribute of sendonly.

I have seen UAs put inactive in this field,  what is correct?

Many thanks