>> If you returned answer in a reliable provisional response, you are
>> permitted to include a copy of that answer in the 200, but you are
>> encouraged to *not* do so.

IMO the mentioned scenario violate the 3261 text mentioned below-
         Once the UAS has sent or received an answer to the initial
        offer, it MUST NOT generate subsequent offers in any responses to
the     initial INVITE.

Also, going by the below text, subsequent answer may be ignored in UAC.
         The UAC MUST treat the first session description it receives as the
answer, and MUST ignore any session descriptions in subsequent  responses to
the initial INVITE.

Please correct if I am missing anything here. Thanks!

Regards,
Harbhanu

***********
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

If you returned answer in a reliable provisional response, you are
permitted to include a copy of that answer in the 200, but you are
encouraged to *not* do so.

The UAC must be prepared for it to be there.

On 6/27/2011 5:58 PM, Nauman Sulaiman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the flow below
>
> UAC                  UAS
> -------------------->
>       INVITE(0) require 100rel
>
> <--------------------
>      183 rel (a)
>
> --------------------->
>       PRACK
>       200OK

>      200K(a) ??
>       ACK
>

> after sending answer in 183 rel to INVITE, should the UAS send an answer
> in the 200OK to the INVITE for widest interoperability or is it best to
leave it out. Here the OA is complete but I have seen some 3pcc sending
200OK with answer in this scenario. Is this optional then?