On 09/13/2011 08:18 AM, Francis Joanis wrote:

> This is what I was "afraid" of, since there seems to be multiple ways
> of doing it (although only one preferred way, I guess), UAs need to be
> flexible and need to be able to handle the different cases.

This is the very nature of SIP; only a few request/response and
request/request sequences are defined by the RFCs. UAs have to be able
to handle other request/response and request/request sequences (that are
not disallowed) without requiring them to appear in a specific order. It
is not possible to build a FSM to handle *usage* of SIP, only the basic
SIP mechanics themselves, without unnecessarily restricting
interoperability with other UAs.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming