On Nov 6, 2011, at 9:55 PM, Worley, Dale R (Dale) wrote:

>> From: Cullen Jennings [flu...@cisco.com]
>>
>>> Although of course, RFC 3261 violates this rule.
>>
>> Really - I don't think so. I think people are confused what binary mean.
>
> Well, in section 23.4.2 I see:

> which appears to violate the specification that binary body parts are
> to be sent in binary.

RFC 3853 updates 3261 with not only support for AES encryption of S/MIME, but
also this paragraph:

   Since SIP is 8-bit clean, all implementations MUST use 8-bit binary
   Content-Transfer-Encoding for S/MIME in SIP.  Implementations MAY
   also be able to receive base-64 Content-Transfer-Encoding.

But this S/MIME discussion is like arguing about the length of horn a unicorn
must have. ;)

-hadriel