comments inline...

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM, SHARATH CHANDRA B <sharat...@huawei.com>wrote:

> 2)  IN-DIALOG-1 = INVITE,  IN-DIALOG-2 = INVITE
> >>
> >> What should reply bob for the second INVITE?
>
> [Query] regarding UAS Sending 491 response in the above mentioned scenario.
>
> 21.4.27 491 Request Pending
>
>   The request was received by a UAS that had a pending request within
>   the same dialog.  Section 14.2 describes how such "glare" situations
>   are resolved.
>
> As per rfc 3261 section 21.4.27 does it mean that 491 response is sent only
> for glare situation or it can be sent in a situation where UAS had pending
> request within the same dialog.

[ABN] Yes, the 491 response has been defined for usage with glare
conditions.  RFC6337, sec 4.2 lists out some scenarios where 491 response
can be used.

***it can be sent in a situation where UAS had pending
request within the same dialog***

<3261, sec 14.2>

   A UAS that receives a second INVITE before it sends the final
   response to a first INVITE with a lower CSeq sequence number on the
   same dialog MUST return a 500 (Server Internal Error) response to the
   second INVITE and MUST include a Retry-After header field with a
   randomly chosen value of between 0 and 10 seconds.

</3261>

[ABN] since rfc3261, sec 14.2 explicitly suggests to use 500 for this
scenario, 491 can't be used. If this statement was not in the 3261, then we
could have thought of using 491 with retry-after header for handling 2nd
re-INVITE, while 1st re-INVITE still in transient state.

This is my personal opinion....

> Thanks & regards
> Sharath

Nataraju A.B.