On 4/11/12 10:37 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Between RFC 3398 and 4694, I am unclear on whether the 'npdi' parameter
> can only appear in the user part of a sip: RURI:
>
>       sip:5551212;rn=...;npdi@domain:5060
>
> or whether it can also appear in the domain part:
>
>       sip:5551212@domain:5060;rn=...;npdi
>
> All I can find are references to the idea that these parameters appear
> "within" the Request URI.  Are both cases valid?

npdi is defined as a tel uri parameter, not as a sip uri parameter. It
makes its way into a sip uri based on the embedding of the body of a tel
uri into a sip uri. This results in the parameter appearing in the user
part of the sip uri, as in your first example.

The usage in your 2nd example is a mistake. There is no definition of
npdi as a sip uri parameter. But its my understanding that this is a
fairly common mistake - to the point that SBCs are prepared to deal with it.