From: sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu
[sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Brett Tate
[br...@broadsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:39 PM
To: deepak bansal; sip-implementors
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] Processing Update without SDP when an Update is
pending

RFC 3311 section 5.2:

A UAS that receives an UPDATE before it has generated a final
response to a previous UPDATE on the same dialog MUST return a 500
response to the new UPDATE, and MUST include a Retry-After header
field with a randomly chosen value between 0 and 10 seconds.

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended
Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to
delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this
message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken
Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express
intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to
prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any
Read Disclaimer at http://www.sasken.com/extras/mail_disclaimer.html