On 10/9/13 10:39 AM, Despina Kitsou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the following issues regarding the  :
>
> Firstly, A-SIP subscriber call to a TDM subscriber that has been ported now
> to a C-SIP subscriber.So A-SIP subscriber receives an 183 Session progress
> with SDP in order for an announcement to be heard that this subscriber is
> ported and that you call is being diverted, then  C-SIP subscriber is reached
> and sent 180 Ringing without SDP  but my A-SIP device does not generate local
> ringing,
> Is that a limitation of the sip device to Switch Between Early Media and
> Local Ringing???PLEASE HELP ME!!

More detail would be helpful.

Are the 183 and 180 on different early dialogs (different to-tags), or
the same one?

Does the early media from the 183 continue after the 180 is received, or
does it stop?

If its all on one early dialog, then it should be clear (based on the
180) to the caller that the call is ringing. While media is being
received it should be played. If it stops, then the caller ought to
generate local ringback.

If these are on two different early dialogs, then it is tricky. The
caller doesn't know which of the two dialogs will eventually be
answered. It also doesn't know which dialog the media is coming from. So
the device has to take a lot of discretion in what it does. There is no
one right answer in this case. I'd be inclined to say it ought to behave
the same as if there was only one early dialog.

The callee could help this along a bit by returning a 199 (RFC6228) on
the dialog containing the 183 to indicate that is done.