Adelia,

The problem is that carriers and other intermediaries have decided that
they are free to change anything they want in sip signaling, regardless
of SIP spec rules that they not do so. So you will have to take it up
with them.

It appears to me that the general attitude is: we will allow what we
must to make the specific features we care about work - breaking any
usage we don't explicitly embrace is a feature rather than a bug.