"Paul Heitkemper" <pheitkem...@iedaudio.com> writes:
> Can I send SDP to a phone to request it to send audio to a multicast Group,
> as opposed to the UAC in the Contact URL? Does anyone have any idea of how
> widely-implemented this is in the industry?

If I understand you correctly, the answer is yes:  a UA can send SDP to
its peer UA that contains a multicast address in the c= line, and the
peer UA will send SDP to that address.  That will have the desired
effect if the network infrastructure correctly routes packets with that
destination address.

I've never heard of this being done.  It's not clear to me why one would
want to.

Dale