Hi list

I'm seeing the following behavior from an Aastra 400 PBX.

Flow below is ITSP to PBX

INVITE>
<100Trying
<183 w/SDP
PRACK>
<200OK (PRACK)
<180 w/SDP
>PRACK
<200OK (PRACK)
<200OK (INVITE)w/SDP

<200OK (BYE)

Each time the PBX sends an SDP, the version number is incremented even
though nothing is changed.

ITSP does not like this and sends the BYE.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this and to figure out who's at fault here.

According to RFC6337 section 3.2

When both UAs support the 100rel extension, they can update the
session in the early dialog once the first offer/answer exchange has
been completed.

To me that means that the UAS can send many provisional responses each
with different SDP, each one updates the early dialog as long as PRACK
is used.

RFC3262 section 8

When issuing an offer that modifies the session,
the "o=" line of the new SDP MUST be identical to that in the
previous SDP, except that the version in the origin field MUST
increment by one from the previous SDP.  If the version in the origin
line does not increment, the SDP MUST be identical to the SDP with
that version number.  The answerer MUST be prepared to receive an
offer that contains SDP with a version that has not changed; this is
effectively a no-op.  However, the answerer MUST generate a valid
answer (which MAY be the same as the previous SDP from the answerer,
or MAY be different), according to the procedures defined in Section

The above does not state that you can't increment the version number
without SDP change.

Any tips?

/Roger