One more thing...

On 9/23/15 3:23 AM, Eize Slange wrote:

To answer your questions/comments with respect to my given scenario:

- I also think that the first INVITE isn't lost but already
   being processed inside the SIP-stack. This because it's
   a lab network and so lost packet is rare...

If this is also in code under your control then you might want to investigate if there is a bug in it, that is causing it to forget the reinvite when it gets the update.

It would be interesting to know if the 500 is being returned as a result of processing the 1st reinvite or the retransmission of it.