On 5/4/16 10:38 AM, Brett Tate wrote:
Can TEL uri format be used/supported in SIP Contact Header?

Yes.

What scenarios can we support TEL URI in contact Header

Contact associated with dialog can only contain sip or sips (e.g. see RFC
3261 section 8.1.1.8, 12.1.1, and 12.1.2).  I don't recall any other
mandates that would prevent sending Contact containing tel URI within
other situations; however that doesn't mean that the device will behave as
the sender desired.

I agree.

The scenarios I know of where something else makes sense are: REGISTER and in 3xx responses.

In these cases they offer the possibility of some non-sip form of contact. Of particular interest in these contexts: mailto:

"tel" is much closer to sip, so could imply possibility of connection via sip or some other telephony protocol.

Having said all that, I am not aware of any implementations that allow such usage.