On 10/24/16 8:19 PM, Kapila wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 2:04 AM, Dale R. Worley <wor...@ariadne.com> wrote:

Kapila <kapila.kap...@gmail.com> writes:
Is it allowed to transmit dtmf in inband audio as well as in dynamic
payload type ?

As far as I know, it is valid to send DTMF in-band as well as
telephone-events events.  Of course, the two should match, and the
recipient should trust the telephone-events and discard the in-band
DTMF.

Dale

Thanks Dale. I couldn't find any reference to say that it is not allowed to
send the DTMF digit as an event and the same digit in-band.

However, most endpoints seems to interpret the received digits incorrectly
because we had number of different UAs read digit twice.

So, this goes to implementation specific bin. Our only workaround at this
moment is to disable telephone-events payload on peers.

Are you the sender, or the receiver that is having trouble?

If both are being sent, then presumably they both carry the same timestamp. ISTM that in such a case a receiver would only want to render sample for a given timestamp.

If you are the sender, then I think you would want to take the wise course of only sending one or the other. If telephone events have been negotiated, then they would be seem to be the preferred choice.