Hi,

If INVITE sent again with the same Call-ID and From tag, the CSeq should
at least be incremented and Via branch updated since it is a new
transaction.

RFC 3261 section 8.1.3.5 indicates that a retry may or may not be possible
(the section does not specifically mention 408).  However since 408 is not
soliciting an amendment to a request, I doubt that the section 8.1.1.4
text allowing Call-ID reuse would be considered applicable to 408.  Also
be aware that re-use of Call-ID (after processing 408 during call setup)
might increase the likelihood of experiencing interoperability issues.